A little bit of homemade spaghetti and meatballs
I honestly surprised myself with how quick and easily these spaghetti and meatballs came together! It took about half an hour and was such a comforting and tasty dish. I’m not the biggest pasta eater (and I say eater because I definitely am a fan) because pasta = lots of carbs. Now, don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love carbs, but the issue is I love them TOO much. I eat a lot of bread so that’s why I usually stay away from pasta. But, every once and a while I switch things up and soak in all the carbs with a beautiful pasta dish.
I’ve posted a meatball recipe before, but trust me, these are even easier to make!
Learning from the best…
Throughout my travels and life experiences, I’ve definitely learned that the beauty of Italians cuisine and a delicious pasta in particular is simplicity. Being able to highlight the few ingredients used is so much more powerful than dumping a bunch of flavours together. This spaghetti and meatball dish was definitely inspired with that thought of keeping it simple. I hope you love how easy and delicious this recipe really is!
Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Large pan
- Medium bowl
- Medium pot
- Baking sheet
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp oregano dried
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 medium egg beaten
- 720 ml tomato sauce I used Divella Strained Tomato Sauce
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 12 cherry tomatoes quartered
- ½ tsp oregano dried
- salt & pepper to taste
- ½ box spaghetti noodles cooked as per box instructions or until al dente
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- In a medium pot, cook spaghetti noodles in salted water according to the instructions or until al dente. Set aside once done.
- In a medium bowl, combine all the meatball ingredients and form about golf ball sized meatballs.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. In a large pan, over medium-high heat, add 1½ tbsp of olive oil and wait til hot. Lightly brown the meatballs on each side, approximately 2 minutes each side. Once lightly browned, place the meatballs on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, using the same pan, add the remaining olive oil and turn heat down to medium. Sauté the garlic and cherry tomatoes for 5 minutes. Then, season with salt, pepper and oregano. Next, add the tomato sauce and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the meatballs and pasta to the pan and mix until well combined. Serve with some Parmesan cheese and enjoy!