A quick and easy chicken pot pie recipe
Chicken pot pie made from scratch can take hours to make, but not my easy chicken pot pie recipe! Of course some shortcuts had to be taken and in this case it’s using Pillsbury biscuits. Instead of making your own crust from scratch, this is a really quick and easy alternative, particularly handy for busy weekday nights. I also love the fact that using the individual biscuits easily outline a single serving. Pair this dish with your preferred side and enjoy!
Easy Chicken Pot Pie
- 9 x 5 glass baking pan
- Baking sheet
- Medium-large pot
- 3-4 chicken breasts cubed
- 398 ml peas and carrots canned
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- salt & pepper to taste, approximately 1 tsp of each
- ¼ tsp herbs de provence
- 8 Pillsbury biscuits
- Cube the chicken breasts and boil them in a pot of water on medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt 1 tbsp of butter on medium-high heat. Add the onion and sauté for 3 minutes. Add the salt, pepper and herbs de provence.
- Turn down to medium-low heat and add in remaining butter. Once melted, add in the flour and whisk continuously for 30 seconds. Slowly add in the milk while whisking continuously to form a rue. Once the rue is formed, turn up to medium heat and slowly add in the chicken broth, stirring continuously until the mixture thickens, approximately 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Fill the baking pan with the chicken, carrots and peas and cover with the sauce. Be sure to mix it all together so that everything is evenly coated. Bake at the same time as the Pillsbury biscuits. The biscuits must be baked separately on a baking sheet and cooked as per the instructions. Once the biscuits are golden brown, remove from the oven along with the base of the chicken pot pie. Let cool for a couple of minutes and then place the biscuits on top of the chicken pot pie and viola! Enjoy with your preferred sides.