I love a good bean salad. I just find it so much more exciting than a regular old garden salad and it’s so much more filling! Filled with 6 different varieties of beans and finely chopped vegetables, this 6 Bean Salad really hits the spot!
Beans, beans and more beans, plus some veggies!
Please don’t feel restricted when it comes to this 6 Bean Salad recipe. You can swap or add/replace the vegetables depending on what you have on hand. However, the cucumbers in brine with garlic are pretty crucial in bringing in that extra punch of flavour and acidity. If you don’t have any cucumbers in brine with garlic on hand, then it’s crucial that you add some lemon juice, apple cider vinegar or other type vinegar. Perhaps before you try changing this recipe too much though you can give mine a shot 😉
Want to try some other salads?
6 Bean Salad
- Small bowl
- 540 mL canned 6 bean mix drained and rinsed
- 1 stalk celery finely chopped
- ¼ small red onion finely chopped
- ½ small red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 large cucumber in brine with garlic
- 1 tsp brine brine from the cucumber in brine with garlic jar
- ½ tsp olive oil extra virgin
- ½ – 1 tsp salt to taste
- ½ – 1 tsp pepper to taste
- Drain and rinse the beans from the can. Chop all the vegetables and combine all the ingredients in a small bowl. Salad tastes best when it has some time to sit in the fridge, at least 1 hour. Serve and enjoy!