A slow cooked lentil cauliflower curry…
This lentil cauliflower curry came together so easily using what few ingredients I had on hand. But, it’s really all about the spices when it comes to curries. That and letting them simmer to develop more depth in their flavour profiles. So, although it may be simple to make, this recipe does take some time. It doesn’t require all that much work, but giving it time to let the flavour develop will take your curry from just okay to incredibly delicious. Serve on a bed of basmati rice or with a side of naan bread and enjoy!
Want to try some other curry recipes?
Lentil Cauliflower Curry
- Large pan
- 540 mL green lentils canned; drained and rinsed
- 1 head cauliflower cut into small florets
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 small tomatoes chopped
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp coriander
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- ¼ cup water
- Combine the spices and set aside.
- In a large pan, over medium-high heat, melt half the butter and sauté the onion for 2 minutes.
- Turn heat down to medium, add the rest of the butter, garlic and spices. Continue to sauté for 3 minutes. Add the diced tomatoes and tomato paste and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Add the water, cauliflower, and lentils. Turn down to a simmer, cover with a lid and simmer for 1 hour.
- Serve over a bed of basmati rice or with a side of naan and enjoy!