Beautifully simple Roasted Tomato Soup
I simply couldn’t resist buying a basket of fresh tomatoes because they’re everywhere in the grocery stores right now. I can’t say that I’ve always been a fan of tomato soup, but I knew this super fresh version would be a winner. And it was. Few ingredients are the way to go when making a dish as simple as this roasted tomato soup. This recipe truly highlights Ontario’s fresh tomatoes so if you’re looking for something to do with your crop this year, I highly recommend this soup! Pair it with a grilled cheese or throw some croutons in and you have yourself a healthy and tasty meal.
Want to try some other soups?
Roasted Tomato Soup
- Baking sheet
- 8-10 medium field tomatoes quartered
- 1 bulb garlic cloves peeled
- 1 medium-large yellow onion cut into eights
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- ¼ cup fresh basil chopped
- 1 tbsp ½ and ½ (10%) cream
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Place all the vegetables on a baking sheet and cover with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast vegetables for 1 hour.
- Once they're done roasting, transfer the vegetables to a blender and add the basil and cream. Blend until smooth and enjoy!