A simple cold creamy broccoli salad…
Perfect for your BBQ this labour day long weekend! I’m a really big fan of cold and raw vegetable salads and this creamy broccoli salad really hits the spot. It’s a little sweet and tangy and is such a great side to almost any meal. I decided to keep it quite simple and limit the number of ingredients, but you can definitely add some cheddar cheese or bacon to this as well. You can also substitute the sunflower seeds for another type of seed or nut, like pumpkin seeds or cashews. Don’t like craisins? Substitute those for some raisins or other dried fruit. All in all you can definitely play around with this recipe, but to keep it simply, follow the directions below!
Want to try some other salads?
Creamy Broccoli Salad
- 2 heads broccoli cut into small florets
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup craisins aka dried cranberries
- ¼ cup red onion finely diced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1½ tbsp sugar
- 1½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Combine all the dressing ingredients and whisk together until well combined. Set aside.
- Combine all the salad ingredients in a bowl and coat with the dressing. Stir until coated evenly. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.