Have some leftovers? Why not stuff them into some peppers to make Meatloaf Stuffed Peppers!
I hate letting leftovers go to waste! This week, since I had an abundance of bell peppers in my fridge and leftover meatloaf, I decided to combine the two to make a brand new dish . Even though leftovers were used, I have to say that out of all the stuffed peppers I’ve ever made before these meatloaf stuffed peppers were the absolute BEST. Just goes to show that leftovers don’t have to be boring and can be reborn into a brand new dish.
All I did was combine some rice into my leftover meatloaf mixture and stuff that into some peppers. This super simple main dish and can be paired with any of your favourite sides. A really quick and easy way to make your leftovers into an exciting new dish.
Want to try the original Meatloaf recipe? Click here!
Meatloaf Stuffed Peppers
- 1½ cup leftover meatloaf find the recipe on the blog!
- 4 medium bell peppers
- ½ cup cooked rice adding 1 tsp of vegetable bouillon into the water you cook your rice in
- ⅛ cup ketchup
- ½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Preheat your oven to 415°F.
- Cook your rice in water with 1 tsp of vegetable bouillon to add extra flavour. Once done, set aside.
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Prepare your bell peppers but cutting off the tops and removing all the seeds. Boil the peppers for 5 minutes. Remove, set aside and cool for 5 minutes.
- Mix the leftover meatloaf and rice together. Stuff the mixture in your peppers and top with the topping sauce. Bake for 12 minutes and enjoy!