A healthy broccoli soup for Sunday afternoon
Or really any afternoon… I just love eating soup on Sundays, although it’s usually Rosół (Polish Chicken Noodle Soup), the tradition has been ingrained in me since childhood. This time however, I decided to make a deliciously light and healthy broccoli soup. It was so quick and easy to make and really hit the spot! My partner and I are such lovers of the soup and sandwich combo, so I paired this with a light wrap.
Want to try some other soups?
Healthy Broccoli Soup
- Large pot
- 1 head broccoli chopped, stem included
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 1 medium carrot grated
- ½ small yellow pepper diced (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp vegetable bouillon or chicken bouillon
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Heat your pot on medium heat. Add olive oil and sauté onions for 2 minutes. Add garlic, carrot, broccoli, (yellow pepper), salt and pepper. Sauté for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add water and vegetable bouillon and bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn down to medium-low heat and cook for 10 minutes or until broccoli is soft. Remove from heat and emulsify the soup until you reach your desired consistency, depending if you want chunks or not. Serve and enjoy!