A Greek quinoa salad that’s full of vegetables
If you know me, you know I’m not the biggest salad person, especially boring green salads. This Greek quinoa salad on the other hand, is not boring in any way shape or form. Full of veggies and flavour, this super simple and healthy quinoa salad is the perfect side dish for your summertime meals.
How to make it
When it comes to salads, it’s important to have different textures to make the salad more exciting. The other important piece is to chop everything in a uniform way. You don’t want some vegetables 3 times the size of others, so it’s important to cut everything in a consistent way.
A lot of the flavour comes from cooking the quinoa in vegetable broth, so be sure not to miss this step! Alternatively, you could cook your quinoa in water, but in that case you’ll have to add some seasoning at the end.
Greek Quinoa Salad
- Medium pot
- Medium bowl
- 1 cup quinoa cooked as per packet instructions
- 1 tsp vegetable bouillon
- ½ lemon juiced
- ¼ English cucumber quartered
- ¼ small orange pepper diced
- Handful cherry tomatoes quartered
- 2 tbsp red onion finely diced
- 6 olives I used green olives stuffed with garlic
- ½ cup fresh parsley chopped
- 3 tbsp feta cheese crumbled
- Cook 1 cup of quinoa as per the packet instructions, adding the vegetable bouillon to the water for added flavour. Once cooked, set aside and let it cool.
- In a medium bowl, add the quinoa, lemon juice, cucumber, pepper, cherry tomatoes, red onion, olives, parsley and feta. Mix until well combined and it’s ready to serve!