A super simple carrot ginger soup
This is the perfect recipe to help you get rid of some of your staple vegetables that are on their last leg. This nutritious carrot ginger soup is so easy to make and will be ready in 30 minutes. Just the perfect healthy soup for any time of the year!
I’m not going to lie…
I miss soups now that it’s summer! I have 2-3 different soups every week in the winter time, but once that summer heat hits I definitely scale back. That being said, I still love a great healthy soup for lunch even in the hot summer months. I haven’t had soup in a couple of weeks and this one truly hit the spot. The whole theme of this quarantine has been use what you have on hand and today it was carrots! Using vegetables that are on their last leg, along with my homemade vegetable stock also helps me minimize my food waste. That’s probably my favourite part of making homemade soups, using what you have available to you.
Want to try some other soups?
Carrot Ginger Soup
- Large pot
- 1 small yellow onion roughly chopped
- 2 stalks celery roughly chopped
- 6 medium carrots roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp ginger jarred or grated
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- 3 cups vegetable stock homemade or low sodium
- 1 tsp vegetable bouillon
- salt & pepper to taste
- Put a large put on medium-high heat. Once hot, add the olive oil and onion. Sauté for 1 minute. Next, add the celery, carrots, garlic powder, ginger, cumin, salt and pepper. Stir and continue to sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and vegetable bouillon and turn to high heat. Once the contents come to a boil, turn down to medium-high heat. Cook for 15 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Blend the soup in a high powered blender on high for 1 minute. Once smooth, it’s ready to serve!
- Serve with a dollop of cream and some nuts for an added crunch.