With us BBQ-ing so much lately, I simply couldn’t resist sharing another side dish recipe, my potato salad. As a Polish person, you know I love my potatoes, but in this summertime heat serving up a cold version of my favourite side dish is preferred. This easy cold and creamy potato salad is super simple to throw together and can accompany whatever main dish you’re grilling up.
How to make it:
Start off by filling a medium pot 2/3 of the way with water and begin to bring to a boil. Next, cut the potatoes in half or quarter them depending on your preference, personally, I like my potatoes to be a bit smaller so I quarter the small potatoes. Add the potatoes to the water (even if it’s not yet boiling, that’s okay) and add 2 tbsp of salt (cooking starch in salted water is key!). Cook the potatoes until tender; they’re ready when your fork pierces through with ease. Drain the potatoes and let them cool.
While the potatoes are cooling, dice the red onion, red bell pepper, celery, radishes, chives, and bacon finely. If you like bigger chunks, feel free to dice the ingredients in larger chunks, just make sure that the ingredients are roughly the same size for a uniform and consistent salad.
Once the potatoes have cooled, combine all the ingredients and mix until well combined. Refrigerate until ready to serve. For presentation purposes, add some fresh dill on top when serving.
Vegetarian option: just don’t add the bacon! You can also try throwing in different veggies based on your personal preference.
Vegan option: omit the bacon and substitute regular mayo for vegan mayo.
Want to try some other salads?
- Medium pot
- Serving bowl
- 1.5 lbs yellow petites potatos quartered
- 3 stalks celery finely diced
- 1 small red bell pepper finely diced
- 1/2 small red onion finely diced
- 6 stalks chives finely diced
- 3 strips cooked bacon chopped
- 2 radishes finely diced
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- salt & pepper to taste
- Boil the quartered potatoes in salted water under tender. Once cooked, drain and cool the potatoes.
- Combine all the ingredients together in a large bowl and mix until well combined.
- Garnish with fresh dill and refrigerate until ready to serve.