Summertime dinners and BBQ’s require plenty of fresh and delicious side dishes, so this cold imitation crab pasta salad is perfect for any summertime meal. Don’t be thrown by the use of imitation crab because for the price you absolutely can’t go wrong. However, if you’re feeling bougie, feel free to substitute it for some real crab!
This simple and tasty side dish is super easy to make. Dice up your ingredients, add them to your cold cooked pasta and coat with the dressing and you’re ready to go!
A favourite around the table
I know that a lot of people may not be super into the whole imitation crab aspect of this cold pasta salad, but I wouldn’t recommend leaving it out. The imitation crab is the main component of this dish but you could substitute real crab instead. I tested this dish out on a couple of friends who don’t touch seafood and even they liked it, so it’s sure to be a BBQ favourite.
- Ensure that you dice the red bell pepper, green onions, radishes and celery quite finely. In my opinion it tastes better when the veggies are cut in a uniform and consistent way.
- Feel free to add more chopped fresh dill based on your preference.
- Although you can use any type of caesar dressing, Renée’s has been and always will be my absolute favourite. It’s much creamier than most other dressings so the consistency will be more suitable compared to other brands.
Imitation Crab Pasta Salad
- Medium pot
- Medium bowl
- 450 g macaroni pasta
- 227 g imitation crab meat chopped
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper finely diced
- 2 stalks celery finely diced
- 2 tbsp green onion finely diced
- 3 radishes finely diced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Renée's Caesar Dressing (or an alternative brand)
- 2 tbsp fresh dill chopped
- In a medium to large pot, bring 5 cups of salted water to a boil. Add macaroni and cook as per packet instructions. Once cooked, drain and rinse with cold water to stop the macaroni from continuing to cook.
- In a medium to large bowl, add macaroni and remaining ingredients until well combined.
- Garnish with fresh dill and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.