Guess what the most searched recipe has been during quarantine? Banana bread! So, this cold dreary end to the Victoria Day long weekend was destined for this yummy loaf.
Perfect for the morning, daytime or evening dessert, heck it’s the perfect snack at any point in the day. Whether you want to eat it in loaf form or as individual muffins, this fantastic recipe was gifted to me by my best friend’s mom, Dale.
Keep it simple and straight up banana or for added flavour and texture I recommend walnuts and/or chocolate chips. It’s all based on personal preference so don’t be afraid to get creative. My personal favourite is banana bread with chocolate chips.
Dale’s Banana Bread
- Loaf pan or muffin pan
- Two bowls, (medium-large size)
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 lg bananas ripe, or 4 small ripe bananas
- *1/4 cup walnut pieces (optional)
- *1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- In a bowl, mash your bananas using a fork until there are no large chunks of banana left. Add sugar, beaten egg, and melted butter to the banana mixture and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking soda, and baking powder together.
- Mix the flour mixture into the banana mixture until combined. *Add walnuts and chocolate chips, something else or nothing at all!
- Grease loaf pan or prep muffin pan before filling.
- For loaf: bake 30-35 minutes, for muffins: bake 20 minutes. Ready when toothpick comes out clean when checking if ready!